Stress Rates have been Soaring in the USA – and Around the World
Depression, Anxiety and Stress up by 82.6%
Helpful tips to prepare of oncoming surge:
Employee mental health is an issue that impacts the ultimate success of every business on the planet. If you are in the profession of stress relief biofeedback, it is important for you to realize that the demand for services from biofeedback and stress relief professionals are beginning to soar in 2016.
The results of a recent analysis of three years’ worth of global Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) data paint the picture quite clearly. Employees are seeking help for more significant and more severe emotional health issues than ever before.
This recent study, released in early 2016, looked at a population of more than 100,000 employees across the United States, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and South America. These employees represented five different global employers, each of which had employees in at least four of the regions.
What was found is that the total number of calls and inquiries regarding emotional health issues remained relatively consistent across all three years.
However, the nature of those calls changed at an alarming rate:
- About 4 out of every 10 cases over the three year period were related to personal emotional health issues (42 percent in 2012; 38 percent in 2013; 42 percent in 2014)
- The number of cases dealing with employee depression increased 58 percent!
- The number of cases dealing with employee anxiety increased an alarming 74 percent!
- Combined, employee depression, stress and anxiety in 2012 accounted for 55.2 percent of all emotional health cases in 2012.But by 2015, this depression, stress and anxiety grew to 82.6 percent!
These numbers reflect two significant trends that impact businesses across the world. More and more employees are struggling with very serious emotional health issues like depression, stress and anxiety.
And at the same time, those struggling seem more willing to reach out for help.
Without question, instances of reported emotional health issues like depression, stress, and anxiety are on the rise.
Concurrently, the stigma of reaching out for help with these things is slowly starting to dissipate in most parts of the world. This information was originally gathered by the EAC – the global Employee Assistance Program, and was initially reported by the Huffington Post.
As these stress rates soar, businesses need to carefully consider whether they have the right support structures in place to help their employees prosper – both personally and professionally.
The field of Stress Relief Biofeedback is helping stressed individuals by:
- Neutralizing their emotional stresses
- Clearing their mental conflicts
- Releasing their buried traumas
- Teaching their brains to relax
Quantum Biofeedback stress relief enables the relief of stress without the use of prescription medication. It is a natural way to help individuals to cope with stress by balancing their body and brain frequencies.